The Boston agency posted this job listing online for a “director of operations” position at a company called Rehtom Inc. The requirements sounded nothing short of brutal:
• Standing up almost all the time
• Constantly exerting yourself
• Working from 135 to unlimited hours per week
• Degrees in medicine, finance and culinary arts necessary
• No vacations
• The work load goes up on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s and other holidays
• No time to sleep
• Salary = $0
Tomorrow is Mother’s Day. I have a bunch of friends who wish they could do this, so if you can: call your mom. Send her a card. Send flowers. Visit her if she’s close enough.
She won’t be around forever, and you should take the time to appreciate what she’s done for you. I know I thank my mom frequently for not killing me when I was a kid (I know I deserved it) and I want her to know how much I love her and am thankful for her.
Don’t let the day go by without telling her.
Also, watch this: